Hamburger Icon Bug Found
We have found a bug in the pivot table. This bug is regarding the hamburger icon that is displayed in the top right corner of the table. The bug only happens when you are viewing the table using the Flat Form layout. I have provided steps to reproduce this bug using your demo:
Steps to reproduce:
- Open the pivot table demo
- Select the Options icon.
- In the Layout options modal, select the Flat Form layout option and press Apply
- Click on the hamburger icon on the top right corner of the table
- In the Fields modal, Click on the calculator icon
- In the Calculated Value modal, enter a value name of ‘Test’
- Drag Business Type (Count) and Category (Count) into the formula field in the bottom
- Click on the Apply button
- In Fields modal, click on Apply
- Click on the new column header ‘Test’
- Click on the hamburger icon again
- The hamburger icon disappears. I could turn it back only if I refresh the page
- The Fields modal is displayed
Thank you for reporting this issue.
Currently, we cannot provide you with an exact ETA for its fix. However, we have added this to our backlog and we will make sure to inform you once there are any updates on this matter.
In the meanwhile, we would suggest checking out the Flexmonster Pivot Table & Charts, which is a more advanced product developed by our team. Flexmonster offers more extensive functionality and receives minor updates every two weeks, while also providing the users with detailed release notes, improved support and thorough documentation.
Please let us know if you have any other questions we can help you with.
Thanks for getting back to me on this. From a development perspective, what is the impact of migrating from WebDatarocks to Flexmonster? Is a large project to switch these components? We have done some significant CSS editing of the WebDataRocks component to match our destination UI.
The process of migration from WebDataRocks to Flexmonster is quite straightforward, as both products are structured almost identically and are therefore highly compatible.
A detailed tutorial on this transition can be found here: https://www.flexmonster.com/doc/migrating-from-webdatarocks-to-flexmonster/
We hope this helps.
Thanks so much. This is very helpful.