A grand total is a value that is composed by adding together other total amounts (subtotals) of the row/column.
When creating a report, you can change the default way grand totals and subtotals are displayed on the grid. The available options are:
- Show and hide grand totals for the entire report
- Show and hide subtotals for the entire report
- Show grand totals only for the rows or columns
- Show subtotals only for the rows or columns
To show or hide grand totals and subtotals
- Go to the Options () tab on the Toolbar.
- Choose how to display grand totals and subtotals.
- Apply the changes.
Hide grand totals from the entire report:
Hide grand totals from the rows:
The layout of subtotals is changed similarly.
Learn how to filter your data in a pivot table.