This developmental tool has become an essential means for developing robust and useful websites and user-friendly applications. MEAN stack also offers free services for building faster sample types for applications that are web-based.
What stands behind MEAN stack?
MongoDB is an open-source document-oriented database program. It stores data as JSON-like documents with dynamic schemas (or structures) and hierarchical nesting support of objects within other objects.
- It is entirely written in C++ and uses a cross-platform database for its effective functioning. This database system is an open-source technology that stores data using binary data systems like JSON.
- This technology is documentation based, and because of that, MongoDB is a NoSQL database. All these features make MongoDB the perfect choice for users who need to manage a broad set of tables with millions of data.
- Also, it is easier to use MongoDB because it does not require updating the entire table.
Express JS is another open source NodeJS framework, which provides architecture and support for a web application framework.
- If one wants to build web applications in Node, then they will use ExpressJS as their framework. This technology is for Nodejs and is based on the de-facto framework.
- The inspiration for it was Sinatra, a popular Ruby framework. This server is very flexible for the user and lightweight.
- Because it is a lightweight framework, it can use templates provided by Pug engine supported technology.
- Its primary purpose is to develop multiple page web applications that can work on hybrid web applications also. A mean stack developer can earn around $51k-$120k annually.
- This technology is supposed to help create web pages that can be personalized. This framework was built to introduce Model View Controller (MVC) blocks in those applications which were based on browser applications.
- This makes the testing process and the development of the applications a lot easier. HTML can be used as a template language for AngularJS.
- HTML syntax features are used to express the extended components of a developed application. These features can include dependency injection, data binding, elimination of code, and much more.
- It allows the use of real-time applications that are running on multiple distributed devices as well. For instance, NodeJS can be running on windows, os, and Linux at the same time.
- Other features include the non-blocking system, which makes it more lightweight. It has an I/O event-driven model.
MEAN stack architecture
How does the MEAN stack system work?
38% of job-seekers in the market for application developers want to work under full-stack developer roles. The MEAN stack system is relatively easy to understand by a diagram.
- Step 1: AngularJS is the front end framework of the Mean stack system. Its purpose is to send the client request forward, and when the request is processed, it will display the results. It starts with a client making a request, which is then processed by AngularJS.
- Step 2: NodeJS will handle the request which is sent by AngularJS. After AngularJS has processed the request, it will move to the next stage, where NodeJS will resolve the request.
- Step 3: ExpressJS is used to build web applications APIs. It will forward the initial request to the database to get results. Based on the type of request, ExpressJS will make connections to MongoDB, which will then call or set the data.
- Step 4: MongoDB is the database of the whole system. The MongoDB stores all the data and retrieves this data when necessary. MongoDB does the work then passes to ExpressJS, which then forwards it to NodeJS.
- Step 5: At last, the client’s request is displayed by AngularJS when it receives the result from NodeJS. This whole process can be summarized by saying that “AngularJS displays the results produced by MongoDB.”
What are the advantages of using THE MEAN stack tool?
Pros of going for MEAN stack
1. Fast Turnaround
This tool has all the necessary systems required to make a perfect website or an application in a short time. Developers can use this tool to make even the most complex applications easily and quickly. The Organisation of applications becomes very easy when the MEAN stack is used, and this also helps avoid extra groundwork.
2. Cloud Applications
MEAN stack is famous for building perfect cloud-based applications. It builds robust and fast solutions that are easy to maintain with end-to-end encryption, which is kept in cloud-based applications.
3. High-quality user interface
The MEAN stack model allows a high-quality user interface. It uses uniform language from start to finish and has a low memory overhead.
5. Smooth and continuous operations
All the requests are handled by NodeJS, which ensures seamless operations and deployment of applications.
6. Flexible and scalable structure
The four components, namely MongoDB, NodeJS, ExpressJS, and AngularJS, are open source, making them highly scalable.
MEAN Stack web development can be very comprehensive, flexible and scalable if used in the best way. This guide to the development with MEAN stack can go a long way into helping businesses work the best.
What else to read?
- Tech Trends Changing the Financial Industry
- Main Web Development Trends You Should Be Ready For in 2021
- Top resources every developer should read
- Learn how to connect your Angular Frontend to a NodeJS & Express & MongoDB Backend by building a real Application on Gitconnected.