Pizza vs French Fries? If you were to pick between one of them, what would be your choice?
The same way when it comes to choosing from two great frameworks React and Angular, it is not a cakewalk!
However, based on what your business or requirements demand, by going through thoroughly we have the conclusion today!
So, React vs Angular, let’s begin!
A Little bit about React
It allows the programmers to figure out how their app is going to look for their users and how they will interact.
It is an open-source, component-based framework for the applications view layer. It is based on the MVC(Model View Controller) architecture, the view layer handles how the app looks and feels.
The current stable version available is 17X which helps in upgrading your app easily.
A Little bit about Angular
Though released in 2010, a large shift happened on the release of Angular 2(Original name – AngularJS) in 2016. With the release of Angular 2, it became even more popular.
Also, Angular 10 is the latest stable version, released in June 2020.
- React depends on Virtual DOM, whereas Angular depends on MVC (Model View Controller). If you require an entire presentation of the model including managing data, and user interaction on the model, you should select Angular.
- React requires a bunch of instruments to perform testing. Angular offers testing and debugging for the entire project. If you need software that offers effortless testing and debugging you can use Angular.
Pros of React
Effortless to use and learn
ReactJS boosts the performance due to the virtual DOM. Many developers faced the issue when DOM was updated, which affected the performance of the application. ReactJS resolved this issue by presenting virtual DOM.
Virtual DOM is a portrayal of the web browser’s DOM and exists completely in memory. So, when you write the react component, you are not writing directly to the DOM. All things considered, you are composing virtual parts that will transform into DOM.
Benefit of Library
Easy in Testing
ReactJS applications are effortless to test. It offers the advantage of testing to the developer and debugging their codes with the help of tools.
Cons of React
Poor documentation is a common disadvantage of constantly updating technologies. ReactJS updates very quickly, so sometimes it lacks documentation. This makes it tough for developers to understand the new features.
ReactJS only covers the View part in MVC (Model View Controller) architecture. So, you still need to rely on some other tools for the development objects.
- It is fully supported by Facebook.
- It allows you to utilize 3rd party libraries.
- Offers better user experience and quick development.
- The stability of code with one-directional data binding.
- JSX feature in React helps in creating a better ReactJS element very efficiently.
- Virtual DOM creates a copy of DOM, which gives the idea to the programmers how their app is going to look for their users.
Pros of AngularJS
No-requirement of many languages
AngularJS is the framework supported by Google. So, you have the benefit of usual updates and anytime access ability to the corporate intranet by google backed sites.
Angular completely relieves the developer to manipulate DOM (Document Object Method). All thanks to its two-way data binding approach that reduces the stress of developers.
Cons of AngularJS
There is a lack of server authorization and authentication in Angular. Authorization means giving consent to reach data and identify the user by checking credentials.
In AngularJS, features like factories and dependency injections can be difficult for more traditional developers.
Angular is a vast and complex framework. There are many ways to perform the same task so it is arduous to choose which is a good way to perform certain tasks.
- It has large community support.
- It has built-in support for AJAX and HTTP.
- TypeScript offers efficiency.
- It offers enhanced support for handling errors.
- MVC model boosts the worth of the framework.
- Cleaner and crisp coding with AngularJS.
So what to Choose?
Like every technology has its own pros and cons, React and Angular are nothing different. Before choosing any framework and React JS development company, you should know about it and whether you are compatible with it or not.
You should choose Angular or Angular JS development company when you need ready-to-use solutions with high productivity. Even if you have a knowledge of Java, C#, and previous versions of Angular you can go for it.
Thank you to our guest author Maulik Shah, the CEO of Biztech, AngularJS Development Company from India. Maulik likes to explore beyond his comfort zone and is always open to share with us his knowledge.
What else to read?